HONEY + CBD + SUNFLOWER LECITHIN
Each pack is made using a careful balance of pure CBD, Organic sunflower lecithin and our Rescue Blend™ formulation – the cleanest, pesticide-free honey from the bees we’ve helped rescue. This convenient packaging touts our new snap and squeeze technology, preventing the product from leaking and providing a longer shelf-life stability. The protective layers of the packaging shield the CBD and Honey from degradation due to oxidation and sunlight, preserving the efficacy of the CBD and keeping the honey delicious and fresh until you’re ready to enjoy!
What’s your earliest memory of honey?
Perhaps, it’s Winnie the Pooh savoring a pot.
A golden spoonful dipped into a cup of hot tea. The gooey, satisfying center of a lozenge to soothe a scratchy throat. A translucent stream drizzled onto a mound of granola. The light coating on a serving of warm carrots.
(Oh, bother, who’s hungry?)
Lucky for us, honey is a part of our American food culture.
Historically, it has been used to treat and heal wounds and illnesses in both the biblical and Roman times and during the reigns of English kings and queens.
What exactly is honey anyway?
The short answer: It’s nectar. Here’s the longer, more technical definition from Dana Hunnes, a senior dietitian at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, as given in a recent Time article.
“Bees collect the dilute-sugary nectar of flora plants, produce an enzymatic activity after ingestion, regurgitate it into honey cells and evaporate a high percentage of the water out of it, producing a super-sweet viscous liquid known as honey.”
Per the article, honey is mostly composed of fructose and glucose, which are simple sugars that the body converts into energy and water.
Today, we continue to reach for the honey pot as we learn more about the numerous beneficial properties of raw honey. It’s important to emphasize that it’s raw honey, as the high heat of pasteurization destroys many of the benefits.
Healthline.com offers one list of raw honey benefits:
- It’s a good source of antioxidants, which help protect the body from cell damage due to free radicals. Some types of honey have as many antioxidants as fruits and vegetables.
- It contains antibacterial and antifungal properties. Did you know that raw honey naturally contains the antiseptic hydrogen peroxide? While it can kill unwanted bacteria and fungus, the effectiveness depends on the type of honey.
- It can help with digestive issues. As a prebiotic, honey can nourish the good gut bacteria. It may also help with tummy troubles, including ulcers.
- It can soothe a sore throat. As we well know, a spoonful by itself or melted in a cup of hot tea can go a long way in soothing a sore throat and quieting a cough.
- It’s a phytonutrient powerhouse. Phytonutrients, containing antioxidant, antibacterial and antifungal properties, are what protect a plant from harm, which can also help protect us. The phytonutrients in raw honey have also shown to have immune-boosting and anticancer benefits.
The benefits of raw honey get even sweeter when they’re combined with the much-buzzed about cannabidiol (CBD). It’s a natural, powerful pairing.
Healthline.com offers a helpful list on the potential benefits of cannabidiol.
- May reduce pain from diseases like multiple sclerosis and rheumatoid arthritis. According to some studies, CBD may help reduce chronic pain by affecting endocannabinoid receptor activity, reducing inflammation and interacting with neurotransmitters.
- May reduce anxiety and depression. Studies have shown that CBD may act on the brain’s receptors for serotonin, which is a neurotransmitter that regulates mood and social behavior.
- May alleviate cancer-treatment symptoms. CBD may help with nausea, vomiting and pain.
- May reduce acne. CBD has anti-inflammatory properties that may have a beneficial effect on acne.
- May have neuroprotective properties. Limited studies show that CBD may help epilepsy and Parkinson’s disease symptoms as well as possibly slow the progression of Alzheimer’s disease.
- May benefit heart health. Some studies have shown that CBD may reduce blood pressure and prevent heart damage.
Bee Delightful’s Canna Bees offer the very best of these two worlds with its products.
We start with a blend of the finest wildflower honey with a little honey from our rescued bees in Central Texas. Our beekeepers exclusively practice treatment-free beekeeping using the highest ethical standards in the industry, producing the cleanest, pesticide-free honey on the market. Then we infuse this incredible raw honey with a carefully extracted, naturally occurring cannabidiol (CBD) from organic hemp farms in Colorado, Oregon and Kentucky. Our products are safe and sweet.
So what can you do with our honey? The possibilities are deliciously endless. Add them to a variety of baked goods, fresh lemonade, chai, coffee, cocktails, salad dressings and more. There are multiple recipes online to explore. Plus, you can come up with your own. Have fun with our products and know that with each bite, you’re enjoying a plethora of benefits.